DLTK's Bible Crafts for Kids
Jacob Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Jacob is a figure from the Old Testament. He was Esau's twin brother and was the one who went on to have "Jacob's
Dream". Jacob shared his stew with Esau in exchange for Esau's birthright.
This is a fun and simple color, cut and paste paper craft that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give Jacob a three dimensional effect.
I gave Jacob and Esau the same faces
because they were twins -- Esau has more muscular arms because he liked hunting.
- something to color with (B&W version)
- toilet paper roll
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces (as appropriate) and cut them out.
- Assemble the Jacob craft:
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper roll
- Glue the thinner rectangular piece around the center as a belt
- Glue the head onto the top of the toilet paper roll
- Glue the arms onto the sides of the toilet paper roll
- Glue the stew pot into one of Jacob's hands.
- Fold the feet along the dotted line and glue to give a 3 dimensional effect.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions