To learn the Bible verses below try using the Memory Verse mix-up game in your groups.
Day 1- Sower and the Seed (Introduction)
- What is a parable? (A story that teaches a lesson)
- How does a seed grow well?
- How can the seed in your mind grow?
Learn together: "But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty." Matthew 13:23
Day 2- Parable of the Talents
- Was the talent worth a little or a lot?
- What happened to the servant who doubled his talents?
- What does God want us to do with our talents?
Learn together: "For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath." Matthew 25:29
Day 3- Lost Sheep/Lost Coin
- What should we do if we've done something wrong?
- What happens after the farmer finds his sheep?
- What happens when we "say sorry" to God?
Learn together: "I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance." Luke 15:7
Day 4- Prodigal Son
- Why did the youngest son leave his family?
- What did he do with all his money?
- Did he feel sorry for what he did?
Learn together: "For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry." Luke 15:24
Day 5- Good Samaritan
(Use these questions to help the children draw or write what they learned this week.)
- How many people passed the injured man and didn't help?
- What did the good Samaritan do?
- Who is your neighbour? (anyone that needs our help or compassion)
Learn together: "And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. " Luke 10:27