DLTK's Bible Crafts for Kids
Parting the Red Sea Craft
Thanks to Cindy for sending her craft idea to us!
This is a kids size Red Sea! They can walk through it just like
- A refrigerator box
- ask at your local appliance store, to get it home it's okay
to cut it in half.
- ask at your local appliance store, to get it home it's okay to cut it in half.
- Utility knife
- Blue paint
- Paint brush
- Spray glue
- Ribbon or twine
- chairs (small chairs to hold the "sea" in place)
- OPTIONAL: rectangle cloths for each child to be used as a headpiece and brown craft paper to be used for a staff.
- Cut off one side of the box, then using a utility knife cut
"waves" along the top of the two sides. (I used this with a 2 year
old and found that I should not have cut the waves in because they
are just the right size that the cut "waves" brushed their faces.)
- Paint the sides blue and on the bottom spray glue and sprinkle
sand all over the bottom so that it was "dry ground".
- To keep it together put ribbon, twine, anything so that you can
tie the Red Sea between two lines of chairs. (The chairs kept the
box in the right position.)
- Use rectangles of cloth for the children and tie it on their heads and use brown craft paper and roll it so that each child has a headpiece and walking stick to go through the Red Sea.