DLTK's Bible Crafts for Kids
Thumbody Loves You... God That's Who!
This is a wonderful, yet simple craft for young children. You can use seasonal colors for different holidays (like reds and pinks for Valentine's Day).
- couple colours of tempra or finger paint (we used 2, but you could use more... just remember, you only have 2 thumbs so if you use more, you'll have to wash off in between colors)
- black marker
- Make thumbprints on the paper. You can see in the photo that we made
- a thumbprint caterpillar with alternating colors,
- a thumbprint flower (4 prints for the petals and 2 prints for the leaves),
- a thumbprint butterfly (4 prints of the same color),
- a thumbprint sun (a whole bunch of prints in a circle),
- a thumbprint bush (prints in a bunch) and
- thumbprint grass (prints in a row)
- Kitty adds: for less experienced crafters, make small pencil marks on the paper to help guide them as to where they should be putting their thumbprints -- this helps with their hand/eye coordination, direction following skills and gets the caterpillars to look like caterpillars!
- Let dry
- Take your black marker and draw legs a face on the caterpillar, a stem and center on the flower, and a body and antenna on the butterfly.
- At the top of the picture, write "Thumbody loves you, God that's who!" (or "us" or "me"... Tasha insisted we had to write us, even though it didn't rhyme *grin*)