DLTK's Bible Crafts for Kids
The Angel Rolled
Stone Away Craft
This is a fun paper plate craft to do with a pre-school or kindergarten Sunday school class each Easter.
- Large paper plate
- Black tempra paint
- Brown or grey tempra paint
- Brown paper lunch bag (or maybe two)
- White glue or a stapler
- Take a paper plate and have the children paint or colour the "bottom" (underside) of the plate brown or gray, and the "top" black.
- Put the two halves together and staple or glue the round edges with the black side in.
- It should be able to stand up with a space in the middle.
- Cut a "doorway" and stick a picture of an angel at the back. You can use pictures from old greeting cards, the templates at the bottom of this page or if your children are old enough you may want to let them draw their own angel.
- Then we make a stone by crumpling up a paper lunch bag and binding it with masking tape. You can use two bags or a larger bag if you would like a larger stone.
- Then the children can roll the stone away from the door of the cave where Jesus body was laid to find he is not there, but there is an angel to say he has risen!
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Change your page margins to zero (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers). See print help for more info.