DLTK's Bible Crafts for Kids
Noah's Ark Paper Plate Craft
Materials you will need are a printer, paper (I prefer
white construction paper or another heavier paper), scissors, glue, brown
paint or markers and a dinner sized paper plate..
If you don't have a paper plate, just trace a dinner plate
onto a piece of cardboard (from a cereal box or the like).
- Fold the paper plate in half. Paint or color the
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary.
- Cut out the ark top. This step may require adult
assistance and can be done prior to making the craft with the
- Fold the ark top in half and glue. Cut it along
the dotted line.
- Once the paper plate is dry, cut halfway along the
- Slide the ark top cut into the paper plate cut as
far as it will go (the ark top will end up positioned in the center).
- You can tape or staple it a bit, as necessary, to
make sure it won't fall apart (depending on whether it will be played
- The ark will stand up on its own and will "rock"
(the paper plate is curved).
- OPTIONAL: clip out animal images from a magazine
and glue to the ark.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions