DLTK's Bible Activities
Thank-you to Mary Bennett at R&M Art and Handmade Gifts for sharing this idea!
This necklace goes with the
Red is for the blood He gave.
Green is for the grass He made.
is for the sun so bright.
Orange is for the edge of night.
Black is for
the sins we made.
White is for the grace He gave.
Purple is for His hour
Pink is for our new tomorrow.
An egg full of jelly beans,
Colorful and Sweet
Is a prayer, a promise, A loved one's treat!!
Charlene Dickensen, 1997
- Craft lace or other necklace string
- Red craft foam (one small will make 15 necklace)
- Alphabet letter ( I used wood with letter on 4 sides)
- Opaque PONY BEADS
- Cut a piece of necklace material of your choice long enough to go
around around the child's head plus about 4 inches.
- Cut a small red heart from craft foam. Write words: "John 3:16" on
- Choose Alphabet letter to spell God / Me
- One of each color beads:red, green, yellow. orange, black, white,
- Knot one end of string while working. I string from right to left.
String pink, purple, white & black beads in that order. Then letters E
M. Use a razor blade knife to cut 2 small slits at the top of heart.
Next string heart, letters DOG and orange, yellow, green and red beads.
Last tie the string ends together . Now you have a necklace to remind
you of Gods Love.
I used this as an example of God's free gift
of salvation to us.
Printable version of these instructions