- coffee filter
- washable markers
- spray bottle filled with water
- construction paper
- clear contact paper (optional)
- Take a coffee filter and let the children color on it with different colors of WASHABLE markers
- Then let them spray it with water from a squirt bottle.
- Cut a cross (or whatever shape you would like) out of construction paper
- Glue the 'painted' filter to the back
- OPTIONAL: Cover with contact paper.
Its really pretty. You can do this with any design you want.
Carrie sent in this idea to add to the craft:
"I wanted to share a project we did for Easter. We modified it by after finishing the project we cut the finished project in the shape of an egg and then creatively wrote Easter 2008 down both sides. The kids and parents both loved the Easter keepsake that they will always know what year and what holiday this keepsake was done for."