[Angel Crafts] [Angels - Paper] [Animal Crafts] [General Crafts] [New Testament Crafts] [Old Testament Crafts]
Thanks so much to Stacy for sharing this idea with us!
It goes great with the
Candy Cane Poem!
- Yarn (red or white) - enough to slip over head
- Penne pasta noodles
- Paint (red & white)
- Candy cane (J-shaped & wrapped)
- Scotch tape
- Hole puncher
- Black permanent marker
- Paint some noodles white and some red and let dry completely.
- Loosely wrap tape around bottom of candy cane wrapper to reinforce the package and punch hole to slip onto necklace.
- With marker write on 1 pasta "I", write on another pasta of alternate color "LOVE", continue with alternating colors to write "ESUS", "LOVES" and "ME"
- String pasta with alternating red and white placing the written ones in order prepared. However, between "LOVE" AND "ESUS" place the candy cane upside down as a J.
I don't know if you know the story of the candy cane or not. If you do stop reading now. If not, I will briefly tell you.
- The J shape represents Jesus
- The white represents Jesus' pure, sinless life
- The red represents the blood Jesus shed for our sins
- I am not sure why it is peppermint flavor, perhaps to signify the refreshed life we have anew in Christ, or Karen wrote in and said, "I have heard it is to mimic the spices/fragrances that the wise men gave."