DLTK's Bible Crafts for Kids
Jesus Christmas Necklace
Thanks so much to Stacy for sharing this idea with us!
It goes great with the
Candy Cane Poem!
- Yarn (red or white) - enough to slip over head
- Penne pasta noodles
- Paint (red & white)
- Candy cane (J-shaped & wrapped)
- Scotch tape
- Hole puncher
- Black permanent marker
- Paint some noodles white and some red and let dry completely.
- Loosely wrap tape around bottom of candy cane wrapper to reinforce the
package and punch hole to slip onto necklace.
- With marker write on 1 pasta "I", write on another pasta of alternate
color "LOVE", continue with alternating colors to write "ESUS", "LOVES" and
- String pasta with alternating red and white placing the written ones in
order prepared. However, between "LOVE" AND "ESUS" place the candy cane
upside down as a J.
I don't know if you know the story of the candy cane or not. If you do stop
reading now. If not, I will briefly tell you.
- The J shape represents Jesus
- The white represents Jesus' pure, sinless life
- The red represents the blood Jesus shed for our sins
- I am not sure why it is peppermint flavor, perhaps to signify the
refreshed life we have anew in Christ, or Karen wrote in and said, "I have
heard it is to mimic the spices/fragrances that the wise men gave."
Printable version of these instructions