[manualidad en español]
DLTK's Bible Crafts for Kids
"Plants of the Bible" Wreath
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
"Pat" asked for some ideas on a wreath of Bible plants.
When researching her request, I put together this simple craft for young
children. I tried to choose plants from some of the more common Bible
stories/songs for this craft (the apple from the garden of Eden, the olive
branch carried back to Noah by the Dove, etc.) Hopefully this will make it
simpler to tie the craft in with a teaching at Sunday school!
- a printer,
- a paper plate.
- Print out the template of choice. Depending on the size of your wreath
you may need two copies to complete it.
- Colour pieces, as necessary.
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance and can be
done prior to making the craft with the children.
- Cut the center out of the paper plate to leave a round "donut" shape.
This will form the base of the wreath. You may paint it a background colour
if you like (green or brown would work nicely).
- Paste the template pieces onto the paper plate.
- You can tie a bow and paste it on or put small religious decorations on
depending on the lesson you are teaching (angels, doves or crosses for
- You can put a piece of yarn on the back to hang it.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions