[manualidad en español]
DLTK's Bible Crafts for Kids
Simple Animal Cracker Ark
Print out this simple ark template and let the kids decorate it as they choose.
- blue construction paper
- cotton balls
- tooth brush
- blue or grey (rain colored) tempra paint thinned (with 3 parts paint and
one part water).
- OPTIONAL: tissue paper
- Print the ark and paint or color it as desired.
- Tape two pieces of blue construction paper together so you get one large piece.
- Make it rain:
- Dip toothbrush into blue paint.
- run your fingernail (or a popsicle stick) across the toothbrush (over top of the construction paper) to make a splatter rain effect
- let dry.
- Cut out the ark (may require adult's help, but it's a fairly easy shape for preschoolers to cut out).
- Glue the ark to the large piece of construction paper.
- Add cotton ball clouds.
- OPTIONAL: glue on scrunched up pieces of white and/or blue tissue paper as waves.
- Glue animal crackers onto the ark (2 by 2!)
- instead of animal crackers you can also use animal images clipped out of magazines
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions