DLTK's Bible Crafts for Kids
A Promise in My Pocket Paper Craft
This paper craft would work for any "keeping promises" lesson plan. When I designed it, I had the story of Hannah from 1 Samuel
Chapter 1 and 3 in mind -- combining the idea of Hannah's promise with the clothes she brought her son each year.
- something to color with (B&W version)
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces (as appropriate) and cut them out.
- Glue the pieces of the shirt together to make the promise pocket shirt:
- glue the necktie onto the shirt
- glue the shirt collar over the necktie
- fold the grey tab and use it to attach the pocket to the shirt
- Print or draw a word or picture representing a promise you've made
- Hang it on the refrigerator to remind yourself to keep your promise.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).