DLTK's Bible Crafts for Kids
Palm Frond Collage Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple Palm Sunday craft that even the youngest crafters will enjoy!
- NOTE: A fun option is to make custom pieces of green paper by mixing different shades of green tempra paint or water paint and painting
them onto white tissue paper. Finger painting, paint brushes, toothbrush flicking, string painting, potato stamp painting and sponges
can all be used to create different patterns and looks on your paper.
- scraps of green construction paper, tissue paper, gift wrap, felt, etc. in different shades and patterns
- glue (can thin with a bit of water for easier application)
- black construction paper
- OPTIONAL: glitter glue and something to color with.
- Print out the template of choice. (you need the leaf template and can optionally print one of the message templates as well)
- Spread a thin layer of glue all over the leaf template. It's very important to get full coverage so you may want to use a paint brush
or Q-tip to spread the glue.
- Put scraps of green paper all over to completely cover the leaf.
- Let dry
- While the leaf is drying, cut out and color the optional message template or use glitter glue to fill in the letters if you prefer.
- Cut out the leaf (you should be able to still see enough of the lines of the leaf to do the cutting)
- Glue the leaf to a background piece of black construction paper
- Glue or tape the message template to the bottom of the black construction paper.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template for the leaf (B&W
Jesus is My King!
Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!
Printable version of these instructions