This is a fun Palm Sunday craft that works a lot like cutting out paper snowflakes. The fronds end up being large enough that the children can carry them around waving them for a Palm Sunday parade.
- paper clips
- green construction paper
- scotch tape
- OPTIONAL: Green pipe cleaner
- Print out the template of choice. (the templates have the directions on them)
- Cut this template along the dotted line.
- Fold a piece of green construction paper in half and paper clip the template so the dotted line is along the fold.
- Cut through the template and both layers of construction paper along the black lines.
- Discard the template (unless you want to make more leaves).
- Unfold the construction paper to see your finished palm leaf.
- Tape a green pipe cleaner as a stem
- Roll a second piece of green construction paper into as tight a tube as possible and tape it so it will stay. Tape that to the center as a stem.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).