This is a fun Palm Sunday or Chicka Chicka Boom Boom that uses handprints as the palm fronds -- yep, you can use your palms to make a palm!
You can make a large one for the church bulletin board -- make the leaves "worth" a certain amount (however much you wish) and allow people to "buy" the leaves and add them to the tree to raise money for a worthy cause.
Option: Rather than a paper trunk, you can use a paper towel roll.
Option: Rather than tracing handprints onto green construction paper, you can stamp handprints with green paint.
Option: You could use footprints instead of handprints if you prefer. There's the potential for a nice tie in between the palm tree with footprints and the "Footprints in the Sand" poem.
- something to color with,
- green construction paper,
- Print out the trunk template of choice (or use a paper towel roll).
- Optional: Cut the template out. This is not necessary, but is good scissor skills practice.
- Trace a handprint onto green construction paper.
- Repeat 3 or 4 times.
- A group of children or a family can each contribute a handprint to the tree.
- Glue the handprints onto the trunk to make a palm tree.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).