This is a simple cut and paste pretend stained glass craft that is fun and easy for children of all ages to complete.
Children can use the template pieces provided or they can use their imagination and design their own. There are a number of different templates to pick from.
The cross and fish are good for any Jesus based theme. The dove and flame are good for a holy spirit or pentecost theme.
- construction paper in a variety of different colors.
- Print out templates of choice
- Create the stained glass window background:
- Cut out an archway shape from blue construction paper or use the template provided.
- Cut out random rectangular shapes from multiple colors of construction paper.
- Glue the pieces all over the window to give it a stained glass look.
- Cut out the shape from your chosen template 2 thru 5 or make your own. If using the B&W version, you can trace the shape onto black construction paper or color in the image
- Glue it to the center of the window.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).