Jesus met the brothers James and John for the first time near the sea of Galilee. They were the sons of a fisherman named Zebedee (they helped their dad with his fishing -- they were actually fixing fishing nets when Jesus came across them). Jesus invited them to join him and they did -- becoming "apostles" or "disciples" of Jesus.
This is a fun and simple color, cut and paste paper craft that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give James a three dimensional effect.
I gave James a seashell that he had found near the sea of Galilee (this is a common symbol for him to hold in statues and pictures).
- something to color with (B&W version)
- toilet paper roll
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color the pieces of James if using the black and white template.
- Cut out the craft pieces.
- Assemble the James craft:
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper roll
- Glue the thinner rectangular piece around the center as a belt
- Glue the head onto the top of the toilet paper roll
- Glue the arms onto the sides of the toilet paper roll
- Glue the shell into one of James' hands.
- Glue the staff into the other hand.
- Fold the feet along the dotted line and glue to give a 3 dimensional effect.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).