DLTK's Bible Crafts for Kids
Heaven's Gate Collage Craft
This is a simple color, cut and paste craft that is fun and easy for children of all ages to complete.
Children can use all three template pieces or they can skip the third
template and draw their own vision of heaven behind the pearly gates, write a
poem about heaven or write a short prayer for a loved one in heaven.
- something to color with (B&W version)
- Print out templates of choice
- color (if using the B&W version).
- Create the vision of heaven:
- On a piece of blue construction paper or regular white paper, arrange
the pieces from template 3 to create your vision of heaven.
- Draw and color your vision of heaven on a piece of white paper.
- Write a poem inspired by their thoughts of heaven.
- Write a prayer for a loved one in heaven.
- On a piece of blue construction paper or regular white paper, arrange the pieces from template 3 to create your vision of heaven.
- Cut out the gate from templates 1 and 2
- fold each gate on the dotted line to create a hinged tab
- glue the tab for each gate onto your picture of heaven so the gate can be
opened to peek inside.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).