Multi cultural templates available.
Alternative: Rather than making a paper craft, print the B&W template, cut out the pieces and trace them onto craft foam. Assemble like the paper craft. Use black marker to draw on facial features. The small template makes a nice craft foam tree ornament.
- something to color with (if using B&W template)
- Print angel template of choice. The large templates are easier for young children to do as the pieces are bigger.
- Color the Canadian angel template pieces if you are doing the B&W version (red and white!)
- Cut out the template pieces (this may require adult assistance -- I usually roughly cut the paper into pieces with one template on each. Then I give my 3 year old the big ones to work on and I cut out the smaller ones.)
- The large (red) piece is the bottom. To it, glue (in order):
- the dress (white)
- the head/neck
- the hair (onto the head)
- the wings
- the maple leaf (at the waist of the angel)
- the hands (so they overlap the leaf a little)
- the feet (underneath the large piece)
- Look at the image of the finished craft on this page if you get stuck. If you're making this with a large group of children, consider pre-making one for them to look at.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).