- paper plate or ice cream container lid,
- eight strips of tissue paper,
- crepe paper or construction paper,
- a printer,
- something to colour with and
- a piece of paper.
NOTE: you can omit the Paper Plate/lid and just treat as a paper craft.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour the pieces as appropriate and cut them out. (cutting may require adult assistance and can be pre-done).
- See the picture above if you're confused as to how to put this together.
- Cut the paper plate or ice cream container lid in half to make a half-circle. This should be done by an adult.
- Glue the eight strips of tissue/crepe/construction paper along the straight edge of the half circle (these are the tentacles).
- Glue the eyes and mouth onto the front of the octopus.
- Glue the bow on top of the head for a girl or under the "chin" for a boy.
- Glue the banner along the bottom of the half circle (or glue it to one of the tentacles).
- Close template window to return to this screen
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).