DLTK's Bible Crafts for Kids
If I were an Elephant...
CD Rom Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
There is also a TP Roll Elephant
on the site, but this elephant has been made especially for the song (it has a banner with "I'd
thank-you, Lord, by raising my trunk.").
Rom or margarine container lid,
- a printer,
- something to colour with and
piece of paper .
NOTE: you can omit the CD Rom/Margarine lid
and just treat as a paper craft.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour the pieces as appropriate and cut them
out. (cutting may require adult assistance and can be pre-done).
- See the picture above if you're confused as to
how to put this together.
- Glue the circle onto the CD Rom or margarine
container lid (the template is made for a 4.75 inch circle so trim lid to fit).
- Glue the ears (second template) onto the back of
- Glue the trunk, tusks and eyes onto the front of
- Glue the banner along the bottom of the
elephant's head (or glue it to the end of the trunk so it looks like the elephant is
- Close template window to return to this screen
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions