DLTK's Bible Crafts for Kids
This makes a cute way to give a child the gift of a sweet treat.
- tootsie roll toostsie pop (or another ball-shaped lollipop)
- white tissue paper (or kleenex)
- colored tissue paper (we used yellow)
- wool, ribbon or string
- one cotton ball
- yellow tempra paint or food color drops
- OPTIONAL: small wiggly eyes
- OPTIONAL: glitter glue
- Cut a rough circle out of colored
tissue paper with a diameter of about 2 x the height of the tootsie roll.
- Cut a rough circle out of white tissue paper or kleenex about 1/2 the size of the colored tissue paper circle..
- drape the colored tissue paper over the lollipop and the white tissue paper over top of that
- Tie a piece of string, wool or ribbon around the tissue paper right where the pop connects to the stick (the neck).
- Draw a face on the white tissue paper head.
- Take a square of
white tissue paper or kleenex.
- Scrunch it up in the center and tie a string around it.
- Glue or tie it to the back of the lollipop (these are the wings)
- OPTIONAL: decorate wings with glitter glue, sparkles or sequins
- Put the cotton ball in a glass container.
- Squeeze in one drop of paint or
- Add about 2 Tbsp of water and mix it into the cotton with a spoon or your fingers.
- Rinse out with a little bit of water if there's too much colour.
- Let dry.
- Glue to the top of the lollipop (hair)
Printable version of these instructions