Read a bit about DLTK's Grow With Me Craft Concept to get some ideas on how this basic craft idea can be used with different materials to make it appropriate for everyone from ages 2 thru 82!
Options for Use:
use a hole punch to make a hole in the top. Put a ribbon through and hang up
Glue onto a full sheet of craft foam. Punch holes along the side of that foam and a second sheet in the same color. Punch holes in white paper. Line them all up and lace to make a booklet. (Same idea could be used to make a photo album cover
Glue onto a popsicle stick to make a puppet
- pen for tracing
- fun foam (craft foam) in the following colors:
- small piece of orange (for pumpkin)
- small piece of green (for leaves)
- small piece of skin tone (plain white will also work) for head and hands
- small piece of hair color
- full sheet of base color (I prefer a dark color)
- full sheet of apron color
- black marker for details
- OPTIONAL: pin for transferring the face
- OPTIONAL: small bow
- Print template
- Cut out the template pieces
- Trace the template pieces onto the craft foam
- Cut out the craft foam pieces
- Glue the pieces together (the base should go on the bottom and all other pieces should be glued onto it).
- OPTIONAL: place the face over the head, poke a pin through the paper to make marks on the foam. Use a marker to "connect the dots" and form the face (or just hand draw the face on)
- OPTIONAL: draw dotted lines near the edge of the pieces with the marker to look like stitches.
- glue a small bow onto the corner of the hat.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).