DLTK's Bible Crafts for Kids
American Angel Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Simple cut and paste paper craft. Multi cultural templates available.
Alternative: Rather than making a paper craft, print the B&W template, cut out the pieces and trace them onto craft foam.
Assemble like the paper craft. Use black marker to draw on facial features. The small template makes a nice craft foam tree ornament.
- something to color with (if using B&W template)
- Print template of choice. The large templates are easier for young children to do as the pieces are bigger.
- Color the template pieces if you are doing the B&W version (red, white and blue!)
- Cut out the template pieces (this may require adult assistance -- I usually roughly cut the paper into pieces with one template on
each. Then I give my 3 year old the big ones to work on and I cut out the smaller ones.)
- The large (red) piece is the bottom. To it, glue (in order):
- the dress (blue)
- the head/neck
- the hair (onto the head)
- the wings
- the star (the points should go right at the waist of the angel)
- the hands (so they overlap the star a little)
- the feet (underneath the large piece)
- Look at the image of the finished craft if you get stuck.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
(color - dark skin)
(color - medium skin)
(color - light skin)
Large Templates (you need all 3 to make the large angel)
LARGE TEMPLATE 1
LARGE TEMPLATE 2
LARGE TEMPLATE 3
Printable version of these instructions