Print out this simple ark template and let the kids decorate it as they choose. There are two arks on the template. You can either fold in half to get a two sided ark or you can cut them apart and make two separate arks.
- Print the ark and decorate it as desired (the smaller ark template is better for this project).
- Tape a drinking straw to it (you can flatten the straw a bit as needed.
- Cut tall waves from a piece of blue construction paper (cut the landscape way, so you have the longest strip of waves possible).
- Glue the edges of the waves to a second piece of construction paper or poster board (see the red lines in the image to the right for where to glue).
- Decorate the second piece like a sky (cotton ball clouds, raindrops, etc)
- Now slip your straw between the waves and the sky pieces of construction paper. You can now make your ark float along (like a puppet).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).