[manualidad en español]
DLTK's Bible Crafts for Kids
Mother's Day Angel or New Baby Angel Paper Craft
Can hold a baby or a flower pot that says "Anyone who helps you grow is an angel."
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
I think the flower pot option would be good for adoptive mothers
or step mothers who weren't with the child when they were a baby.
This craft can also be made for new or expectant mothers as a
shower gift from young children.
Read a bit about
DLTK's Grow With Me Craft Concept to get some ideas on how this
basic craft idea can be used with different materials to make it
appropriate for everyone from ages 2 thru 82!
Alternative: Scotch tape a straw or popsicle stick to the bottom to make a puppet!
- something to color with (if using B&W template)
- Print template of choice.
- Color the template pieces if you are doing the B&W version
- Cut out the template pieces (this may require adult assistance -- I
usually roughly cut the paper into pieces with one template on each. Then I
give my 3 year old the big ones to work on and I cut out the smaller ones.)
- The large piece (dress) is the main piece. To it, glue (in order):
- the apron
- the flower onto the apron
- the feet at the bottom
- the right arm
- the baby or flower pot so it overlaps the right arm
- the left arm so it overlaps the baby or flower pot
- the head
- the hat to the back of the head
- the hair on top of the head
- the flower onto the hat
- the wings (on the back)
- Look at the image of the finished craft if you get stuck (there's a
small image of the finished project on the dress template). -- if doing the
craft with a group of children, I recommend pre-making an example for them
to look at.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions