DLTK's Bible Crafts for Kids
Promise Suitcase Paper Craft
This paper craft would work for any "keeping promises" lesson plan. When I designed it, I had the story of Hannah from 1 Samuel Chapter 1 and 3 in mind -- combining the idea of Hannah's
promise with the clothes she brought her son each year.
- something to color with (B&W version)
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces (as appropriate) and cut them out -- make sure you don't cut the two halves of the suitcase apart!.
- Fold the suitcase in half down the middle to make a type of folder
- Glue the labels onto the front of the suitcase to decorate
- Print or draw a word or picture representing a promise (or promises) you've made
- Use the suitcase to keep track of your promises by opening it up each night and putting a checkmark beside promises you've kept.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Printable version of these instructions