Thanks to Jenny for contributing this cute idea!
- craft foam or construction paper (Jenny used red, white and pink)
- 3 craft sticks (popsicle sticks)
- permanent marker
- OPTIONAL: decorative scissors
- rubber cement (ordinary white glue would likely work as well if you were careful with them afterwards)
- OPTIONAL: magnet backing
- OPTIONAL: wiggly eyes
- cut heart from red craft foam
- cut 2 hearts (about half the size) from white craft foam. Jenny cut them with decorative scissors to give the wavy edges.
- cut small circle from pink craft foam for the head
- cut one of the popsicle sticks in half
- Position the red heart upside down for the body -- the point of the heart is the neck.
- Glue the two half popsicle sticks near the neck for arms.
- Glue the two full popsicle sticks on the bottom of the body for legs
- Glue the wings (white hearts) on the back of the body behind the arms
- Glue the pink circle (head) onto the neck
- Cut a few lengths of yarn and glue to the top of the head
- Color the ends of the leg popsicle sticks to make shoes and draw facial features with permanent marker. Jenny put a little dot of white fabric paint on each eye. You could also use wiggly eyes.
- Write a message on the front of the body
- Apply magnet strips to the back so you can put them on the refrigerator.